It's turkey time! While Thanksgiving is all about large gatherings with loved ones or even Friendsgiving, now doesn't seem like the right time to do this. Ya know, COVID! I am sure you feel the same way too, I miss my friends, hugging others, and just being around loved ones. I miss it so much. But to help us get through this, I've gathered some of the top places to go to in order to avoid big gatherings this year.
Here are my top 6 ideas for you to do on Thanksgiving or week of.
1. Take a Hike! This is one of my favorite things to do. I love going on hikes with the family, it's a great way to explore, enjoy nature, and stay off our tablets!
a. Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve - This is a county park located southwest of Orlando. Before you visit, check out their hours of operation, and better yet, all the activities they offer. It's just about 3+ miles of hiking so it's perfect for the family. Here's our little trip last month when my sister came in to town to see the kids. The kids absolutely loved it, and so did I.
2. Visit a Farmer's Market - but before you go, make sure you check out their days of operation. The. ones we visit very often are located in Celebration, Windermere & Winter Garden. One of my favorite vendors to visit at our local farmer's market is
Seafood Guys Orlando or Seafood Guys Orlando Instagram. They may not be around during the Thanksgiving week at our local farmers market but go back to their instagram page for future schedule. I promise you'll love them!
3. Grab a "To-Go" Feast for an outdoor picnic! Weather is crispier this time of year, and it's the perfect time to grab a blanket and just enjoy some clear blue skies. Winter Garden is now offering a Downtown Hospitality Program, a complimentary service where you order take-out from eateries and Downtown Ambassadors will deliver your meal right to the comfort of your vehicle. Grab your meal, find some green space and enjoy ! Get the full scoop here.
4. Winter Park - Walking Tour - It's one of Florida's best kept secrets! This fascinating 90 minute history tour is great to do with a loved one. It has a rich history waiting to be explored, so be sure to check this one out.
5. For a totally FREE experience, why not take a stroll through Celebration, FL. Whether it's to grab a scoop of ice cream, or take a romantic walk on the lake, it's always a great experience. One of our favorite spots to visit for some wine, outdoor seating and people watching is Imperium Food & Wine.
6. Let's go SHOPPING! One of the favorite places to shop is at Posner Park Shopping Mall in Davenport, FL . This 80-acre developed is filled with shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. Make sure to get there early before the crowd shows up for some great deals.
And there you have it. Some of my top favorite things to do during Thanksgiving week with my husband. Be sure to check out some of these and let me know what you thought about them. What do you plan on doing during Thanksgiving week? Share your ideas!
Owner, Licensed Real Estate Broker
🏡 Six Star Realty Group
☎️ 407-777-7006 (call or text)